Demanding What Property Owners Deserve
Tom has provided representation in over 1000 parcels over the past 30 years
Over 25 Jury Trials, 1000 Depositions in Eminent Domain related issues
Handled cases from Suwannee and Nassau Counties to Miami Dade.
Has litigated in eminent domain cases topics such as boundary and riparian disputes, title ownership,
easement scope, site engineering, drainage issues, access restrictions and impacts, change in grade, loss of visibility,
valuation disputes as to highest and best use, severance damages, and business damages.
Born in Cincinnati, OH
Moved to Orlando area in 1963
Raised in the Orlando Area
Resident in Orlando
Experienced. Tom Callan has substantial experience in eminent domain. He has demonstrated success in jury trials, settlements and experience in other areas such as real estate title transactions, land use and valuation.
Competent. Tom Callan has been recognized by fellow attorneys and judges as possessing the highest level of competency as an attorney and has achieved the AV Preeminent® peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Innovative. Callan Law Firm utilizes the same technologies as the largest firms in Florida to deliver to the client timely work product, and uses state of the art exhibits, videos and digital technology to advocate our client’s position during settlement and at trial.
Hardworking. We treat each client’s matter as if it was our own. As an owner of real estate and a business, Tom Callan understands and respects the time, effort, and energy that is demanded to successfully acquire, maintain and operate real estate.
Legal Counsel Will:
1. Ensure compensation for all claims;
2. Make claims for Full Compensation and Business Damages;
3. Present the highest and most profitable use;
4. Analyze construction plans;
5. Assess the impacts that the project will have on the remaining property;
6. Draft a settlement agreement or final judgment that protects the party’s interests in the future; and
7. Litigate your claim, if necessary.
Areas of Practice
- Eminent Domain
- Inverse Condemnation
- Land Use Litigation
- Local Government Law
- Florida, 1987
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 05/1987
- DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana
- B.A. - 05/1984
- Lyman High School, Longwood, Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, Eminent Domain Committee, Member
- Florida Bar, Eminent Domain Committee, Past Chair, 2013 to 2014
- Florida Bar, Eminent Domain Committee, Vice Chair, 2010 to 2013
- AV® Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell™
Past Employment Positions
- Palm Beach County, Assistant County Attorney
- Orlando, Assistant City Attorney